Friday, June 18, 2010

What? Only 4 days left in my cubicle?

Yay. Leave officially approved for Lisa from The Hamilton Spectator - surely an enlightened workplace. I have a mere four days of work left at my part-time job. Last day is June 30, just before Canada Day and the start of the HST (the subject of my latest story).

Kind of weird though. I've been here for 15 years slogging away with the occasional holiday here and there but change is, well, weird.

I'm hoping that the trip will inspire some new writing styles. I have lots of ideas about multimedia and writing styles jammed up in my head from my fantastic theatre course at Mac in the spring.

Kate Barlow, a former colleague, retired from the Spectator several years ago and has written several books since. It's good to change things up once in a while, and I'm not just talking about underwear.

I'm just darn lucky Scott and I both have jobs to come back to. It'll make it a whole lot easier to talk to our bank manager.

No comments:

Followers