Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happiness is....

sparkling seas
sunny skies
warm winds
pink sand
having our family together again

We said our goodbyes to my mom and dad, sister, husband and sweet Stella last night and headed out of Georgetown as they did the same early this morning.

We motorsailed in the coral strewn passage between Great Exuma and Stocking Island and headed out to Long Island, about 30 miles south.

I stood on the bow and watched the bow carve through the turquoise waters and realized I was suddenly so happy. Not that I haven't been happy on our journey but it was a complete contentment along with happiness. I realized it was because it was our first day travelling as a family, just the five of us, on our boat heading to an exotic island.

This is what I had always dreamed of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't love your latest blog enough. SOOOOO very happy for you Lisa, Scott and gang ... that the trip is living up to your dreams. We are a tad envious back here in the "real" world! Have a wonderful, wonderful time -- we miss you all!

Unknown said...

You so made me cry!! I am so glad that this is exactly what you dreamed of. Miss you lots...

xx

Followers